Translation of Robin Tunney Interview for Télé Star


I've translated a new interview released by the French magazine Télé Star, in which Robin talks about The Mentalist Season 5, and her plans for the future.
Thanks to @allamanda1013 for the interview's scan, that you can see HERE



Q: We're currently discovering an intense Season 5 on TF1... the best according to some fans!
RT: I agree. It's the best since Season 2, which was really good!

Q: What can we expect?
RT: The hunt for Red John will be more intense... and we will finally discover some concrete elements regarding his identity.

Q: This season is definitely showing a progress regarding the Jane and Lisbon relationship...
RT: Yes, they went through some trials that brought them even closer. My character in particular is going on a crusade against Tommy Volker, a millionare. And thanks to this experience she will understand better how Jane must feel towards Red John. This is a very important story, since for the first time it's Jane who's going to have my back, and not the contrary. That's a change! (laughs)

Q: So this will help her to understand him better?
RT: I think so. The public was waiting for him to show that he cares for her. Jane is turning more and more dark this season. He's really obsessed with his hunt for Red John... Luckily, he has Lisbon, the only one who really knows him, and the only one he trusts.

Q: And that will eventually lead to a romantic relantionship?
RT: Maybe... or maybe not! That's not impossible but the relationship could also be platonic. I have friends with whom I am really close, but the idea to be in a relationship with them has never crossed my mind. We are way too much buddies! (laughs)

Q: Season 6 of The Mentalist could be the last. Are you afraid of the future?
RT: No, because thanks to the series I could save some money. If I were younger, I'd be more scared. For example, I was in "Prison Break". I didn't know that they wanted to kill my character and when that happened, I asked myself if I had done something wrong, I felt discouraged. But well, in the end it turned out to be good news, because I would have never had the chance to be on The Mentalist otherwise!

Q: Do you consider the opportunity to play in another series?
RT: Yes, but rather a mini-series, since 24 episodes in a year is a lot of responsibility. And that doesn't leave the chance to have a social life, since we work sometimes since 2 or 3am.

Q: And to work less means to have more time to plan your wedding...
RT: Yes! (smiles). You have to plan a wedding in advance! My fiancé, who is here with me in France now, has said to me: "We should marry here, in Paris!" (laughs)

Comments

  1. Robin Tunney has an interesting point of view. Here, in Romania, I have the impression that season 5, although dramatic and intense due to the fact that Patrick Jane has turned to the dark side, is less valuable than the previous four seasons. Except the last episode, "Red John's Rules", which is a masterpiece and makes me eagerly expect what happens next. In my opinion, the first season was the funniest of them all, but I really liked the third season of "The Mentalist".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!