Robin Tunney's Interview about The Mentalist Season 5


Following, my translation of a Belgian interview with Robin, about The Mentalist Season 5.

Source: moustique.be



Q: A lot of people consider Season 5 as the best Season of The Mentalist. Do you agree?
RT: If we look back at the last 3 seasons, I think that indeed this is the most powerful of all. We know more about Patrick Jane's past, his hunt for Red John becomes more intense, and there's more action...

Q: Will Teresa Lisbon better understand Jane's obsession for Red John?
RT: Since the beginning, they discuss about the idea of justice and revenge: Patrick doesn't hide his desire to kill Red John, Teresa wants for him to be put in a court of law. She believes in the justice system, and she thinks Patrick won't feel better after killing his enemy. But she's going to understand him better. 

Q: The hunt for Red John is the centre of the series. What's going to happen when he will be arrested or killed?
RT: It's difficult to say... Will Patrick Jane continue to work for the CBI? He's a lonely guy and the CBI team is his family. If he stops working for the CBI, he will be lonely again... very lonely!

Q: Is it possibile for Teresa and Patrick to fall in love?
RT: There's already a love relationship between them: platonic. I like this strong relationship, where one protects the other, cares about the other, without necessarily involve a kiss! And for an actress, playing this kind of role is very interesting. On the other hand, Simon Baker is so sexy, and it would probably be frustrating not to have a chance to kiss him! Even if... it'd be like kissing my brother! (laughs)

Q: Will we ever know who Red John is?
RT: A lot of people, my parents included, think that I know who he is, but I swear I have no idea. I just hope it's not me! That would mean that I've been wrong about my character since the beginning! (laughs)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!