Translation of Robin Tunney Interview for "Le Matin"


I've translated from French Robin's interview for Le Matin about The Mentalist.
To read it, click on Read More.



Q: Jane and Lisbon are close to catch Red John. Will this sound the death knell for the series?
RT: That depends on the fans' reaction. I think they watch the series to see how Jane solves the crimes. He's the kind of character neither "CSI" nor "Criminal Minds" have. But Bruno Heller doesn't know how it is going to end. He said we will catch Red John during Season 6.

Q: The series is taking the risk.
RT: That's true. If you look at "Twin Peaks", almost no one watched the series after Laura Palmer's murderer was revealed. But, for The Mentalist, there were four more seasons. We had the time to bring a lot of things into the scene. Once again, it will depend on the audience.

Q: Before The Mentalist, Bruno Heller created "Rome". Don't you think that he could stretch the limits a little more?
RT: You're talking about the nudity? (laughs). No, it's a totally different genre. But I would have loved to play in a series like "Rome". 

Q: How would you define Jane and Lisbon's relationship?
RT: I don't know... Maybe we will be able to do that after we catch Red John. If it's going to be a platonic relationship, that's ok with me. In general, the heroes always end up together. I would find it more exciting if Jane and Lisbon weren't going to end up together.

Q: Not like "Castle"...
RT: People think they know what they want and when the end is finally there, they find it strange. It was like this for "Moonlighting" and "X-Files".

Q: How is your relantionship with Simon Baker?
RT: It's great! He is funny, he can dance very well, and he holds his booze very well. He's very cool.

Q: Filming The Mentalist is demanding?
RT: When I was filming "Prison Break" (she played the role of the lawyer Veronica Donovan during Season 1), I used to be on set two days a week, I had the time to walk my dog. When I started filming The Mentalist, I panicked: I used to call my dad all the times to tell him that it was too much, that I couldn't do it. He used to tell me: "Robin, don't waste this chance, there's too much money at stake!". But I got used to it. Memory is like a muscle, the more you use it, the faster you learn your lines. It's true that, if you base your life on your job, no one will care about you during the week-end. It will make you very boring. I am so boring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!