Robin Tunney's Interview for El Pais Colombia


I've translated from Spanish a new interview to Robin from El Pais Colombia
To read the interview, click on Read More.



Q: Do you have future projects that regard the cinema?
RT: Yes, there is a movie with Adam Scott that's complete and it's being released. Even if we don't have long periods of break, I'm in the process of trying to write something. When the show will be over I'll pick up projects to develop. The truth is, this job is very exhausting, but I'm trying to do to my job with the best attitude. We just have a three months break during the year.

Q: Have you ever thought about working behind the camera, directing?
RT: They asked me to direct but honestly I don't feel it's something that interests me. I like the idea of writing and producing, but directing is very stressful. And life is already stressful enough with things we can't control.

Q: Do you feel like the tv series have evolved?
RT: Yes. Before, tv was separated from the cinema and not very well seen, so much that good actors didn't want to play on it. Now they ask to work on it, because there are real characters who evolve. Stephen Soderberg says that tv characters are much more interesting, because the public can tolerate certain behaviours that are more controversial, like the character of Brian Craston in "Breaking Bad". A character like this would never be successful in a movie. You can't have someone as immoral as Tony Soprano in "The Sopranos", as they are complex characters who evolve during a year. Good actors want to play those characters, and the cinema is changing, trying to become more like HBO. As it used to be with independent movies. You have better contents at home. People don't go to the cinema because they have internet, they have a busy schedule.

Q: How much TV is important in your career?
RT: It's very important. My character is known by people from all around the world. I've never been part of a project for so many years, and I've never been identified as someone for such a long time and by so many people. There are people in Pakistan who watch The Mentalist. I feel blessed. Some series don't get to continue after the Pilot. And even if they do, they might just only get past the 10th episode. As an actor, there are days in which you don't know if you will be able to take care of yourself, pay the bills, so I'm very grateful for this kind of stability.

Q: After all this years playing your character, did you take something from her?
RT: I feel much more comfortable now being in charge. Before, I was always apologizing if I had to ask for something, like "Sorry, would you mind put that...". Now I just simply say that. I feel much more comfortable with a gun, and I would have never imagined I could be.

Q: How is the relationship with your fans?
RT: Fantastic! I feel very lucky. I have a fan page handled by an Italian girl, Maria Novella, and she brought together girls from all around the world. I have a lot of young girls and teenagers who love Teresa Lisbon and they make birthday's videos sending their good wishes. It's strange, because you don't think about the impact of a tv show on an international level, since you live in a sort of bubble. On an international level, the public is younger and when you see the influence you're having on so many young people who admire you, it is very touching.

Q: How did your character evolve in the series?
RT: She started off being very inflexible, very hard and cold, but little by little she started showing her sweet side, and this is also due to her closeness with Jane. She also feels more comfortable showing her feelings. 

Q: How would like to see your character at the end of the series?
RT: I'd like her to be honest with her feelings for Jane, and I'd like for her to be alive. I wouldn't want Red John to kidnap her and kill her in a basement, or to see her tortured. That's neither funny nor rewarding.

Q: What can you tell us about this season?
RT: We are closer to Red John and Simon's character will show a darker side, there will be a long lonely path to find him, and it will involve Lorelei Martins.

Comments

  1. Che dolceeeeee quando parla di te e dei fans!! *_____*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ela é muito legal,ela é ótima com os fãs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!