Robin Tunney Interview for Metro News


Here's my translation from French of Robin's interview for metronews.fr

To read it, click on Read More.



Q:The Mentalist Season 5 will soon be broadcasted in France. What to expect?
RT: We're not just solving crimes. The characters are going to be more developed. Patrick Jane's personality is going to be darker. Jane and Lisbon are getting closer. I'm going to have a nemesis, kind of like Jane's Red John. He hasn't killed my family, but I will go after him. Usually, my character believes in the law system, but I will start to understand why Jane wants to kill him, since I'm going to feel the same way for this man. Jane will help me, I've done so much for him during the past years (laughs).

Q: Is something goin to happen between your characters?
RT: No! There will be kisses, but not mine! I won't have a boyfriend! I'm married to my job. But there's no doubt: Teresa and Patrick love eachother. The problem is to find out if this is a platonic love story or not. No one ever explores this kind of love. It is easier to make the characters fall in love romantically.

Q: Do you know who Red John is?
RT No, I don't know anything. Even my mom doesn't believe me! She always says: "Come on, you know who he is!" (laughs)

Q: Season 6 will be the last season?
RT: I think so, but I'm not sure. We start filming in July. Bruno Heller said that we will discover who Red John is, but we don't know if the series will last after that. I think the idea that this will be the last season is exciting, because we will give everything to it. But on the other side, we feel sad, because we are such a big family. I'm really close to Simon, we are like siblings. It's easy to work with him, he's so talented.

Q: Imagine the series ends tomorrow. What is your worst memory?
RT: One day, I had a stomach flu. They gave me a bag for me to vomit in between takes. But one time I vomited on Simon. He said: "Don't worry, I have kids and they have already vomited on me". I was so ashamed. In five years during the series, I had the stomach flu twice. I passed out, I am so clumsy. Last year, I've broken my wrist.

Q: Simon seems so perfect. Does he have an hidden side?
RT: He is perfect! Even his hair is always perfect when he wakes up. He is tanned. It's frustrating (laughs). He is a great dancer and a very good impersonator. He does an impression of Mick Jagger, but he will never do that in front of people! He dances and sings like him. It's surprising!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!