New Robin Tunney Interview for "Critique Film"


Click on Read More for my translation from French of Robin's Interview for Critique Film FR



Q: During the fifth Season of The Mentalist, Lisbon had to face a nemesis who is not dissimilar to Jane's Red John. Do you think this experience gave her the chance to understand Jane's obsession?
RT: Season 5 events have definitely opened Lisbon to the concept of revenge. Until that moment, she had never fully understood Jane's desire to kill Red John, she believes in justice and the law system. This season has really shaken Lisbon, and I think she changed her mind about Jane.

Q: A lot of fans think that Season 5 is the best Season, do you agree?
RT: I hope so! (laughs) It was the last season to be broadcasted and I like to think that we are getting better with every new season. It has been an intense season, we know something more about Red John and about Jane's past.

Q: During this last Season, the relationship between Jane and Lisbon has evolved.
RT: Indeed. At a certain point, Jane has compromised himself for Lisbon, he has protected her and in a totally selfless way. I have to say that finally after everything she has done for him, it was time to see him doing something for her in exchange. Otherwise, she would have looked like a rejected dog that will always go back to its owner. I think what Jane did has helped the two characters to get closer.

Q: Do you think  their relationship might become a romantic relationship?
RT: I think they already love each other... in a platonic way. Bruno Heller has never explained to me their relationship or if one day he will decide for a romantic relationship. Personally, I'd like for them not to have a romantic relationship, but that they can keep a beautiful platonic relationship, between a man and a woman who care a lot about each other. And then there's a side of me who would like to kiss this beautiful man at least once... even if, after such a long time, it'd be like kissing my brother! (laughs)

Q: The show's success relies a lot on your chemistry with Simon, do you think you would have been able to work together if you didn't like him?
RT: No. You hear a lot about actors who have worked together and yet they couldn't get along well. I don't think I could do something like that. Simon is like a brother, he has such a big influence in my life, he calls me his television wife! It's easy to work with him, he's so good. I always ask him what do the Australians take because he's never ill or tired!

Q: Do you think the series could go on after Red John will be arrested or killed?
RT: I think people enjoy also watching Simon solving crimes and his sometimes childish ways to behave. It's fun. If Red John will be arrested, I like to think that Jane will stay at the CBI, he's a solitary person who hasn't really so much to do, and who has found a family with the team. I think it will also depend on the audience. Personally, I don't know who Red John is! My parents don't believe me! I just hope it's not me because that would mean that I missed out on the character since the beginning!

Q: How do you feel when you think that someday you will stop playing Lisbon?
RT: I have mixed feelings. I will be extremely sad not to see the cast. They've become like a family during the years, but at the same time it will be exciting to have the chance to play another character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!