Robin Tunney Interview: 2006 Article / Interview about 'The Zodiac' and 'Prison Break'


I've found a 2006 article / interview in which Robin talks about the film 'The Zodiac' and the tv series 'Prison Break'. 
I've collected here all the parts regarding Robin, you can find the full article HERE

"Robin Tunney, star of the hit Fox series Prison Break, plays Laura Parish, wife to Matt and devoted mother to their 12-year-old son, Johnny (Rory Culkin).  Laura’s biggest challenge is keeping her marriage intact due to the enormous pressure her husband is experiencing during the investigation.  She grows increasingly frightened for herself, as well as her son and her husband, as she seems him fall apart under the stress and anxiety of trying to solve an unsolvable case.“I’m from Chicago and my grandfather was a policeman, and my aunts are married to policemen,” says Tunney, when explaining her preparation for the role.  “I didn’t do a lot of research, but not out of laziness.  It was the sort of thing where my character only knew the broad strokes about the case, anyway.  Matt Parish never really wanted to scare her, so the less she knew, the better.  It shows you how different the dynamics in relationships are.  This was 30 years ago, and there was definitely a huge difference between men and women, and the man wanting to feel like the protector, and not scare the wife.”Even though the actors needed to display the heightened emotions necessary to convey their characters’ struggle in the film, both Chambers and Tunney said it wasn’t too difficult for them to leave the tension on the set, once they went home for the night. “There weren’t a lot of light scenes, and that’s a little bit trying,” adds Tunney.  “But, I’m kind of used to it.  I haven’t really done a lot of comedies.  I don’t know why, though, because I really like them.  I’m kind of a firm believer in the fact that actors take to work who they aren’t at home.  People show their other self in their art or in their work. On some level, it’s how you get that out.”Finally back on the air after a four-month break, Prison Break, a highly intense series about an engineer (Wentworth Miller) who installs himself in a prison he helped designed, in order to help his brother (Dominic Purcell), a death-row inmate who insists he did not commit the crime for which he's been sentenced to die, escape from that prison, Tunney is really pleased with the reaction the show has gotten thus far.“I just keep thinking, ‘Okay, when is it going to fall apart?’  But, I think the show’s definitely getting better, and we’re just finding our stride.  The further in we are, the writers start to know the characters, and you have a bit more character development.  Personally, I’m really proud of it.  Wentworth is such an amazing man.  The attention hasn’t changed him one bit, which is really remarkable.  It’s a pleasure to go to work.”“I think the reason the show has been successful is that it had a unique look.  We shoot on real locations, and it’s a real prison, and I think people see that.  I’ve been doing this long enough that you can tell when people have seen you in something that they didn’t enjoy, and when they have seen you in something that they actually enjoyed, and people really seem to enjoy the show, which is great. I’m really happy with it.”
Source: mediablvd.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!