New (Old) Article: "I love complicated roles" (2006)


I found this old article from 2006 written when Robin attended her movie "Hollywoodland" premiere during the 2006 Dubai Film Festival.
Here's the transcription:


"I love complicated roles."
by Mary Nammour
DUBAI
Robin Tunney, the charming green-eyed actress who starred in "Hollywoodland", found Dubai to be a unique place to visit.
"I thought the UAE would be a predominantly homogeneous country, but I was mistaken; I was amazed at the number of nationalities one can come across here in Dubai. I have already been to Old Gold Souk and the Polo Match field where I enjoyed a match between India and Dubai Club. I will be going to the desert for the closing night Gala. I would love to see more of Dubai if I had the chance", Tunney told "Khaleej Times".
Tunney, who played the role of Leonore Lemmon in Hollywoodland, an inspiring New Yorker looking for opportunities in her career as an actress and singer, said her role in the film was quite exciting as it involved a tumultuous relationship with George Reeves played by Ben Affleck.
"I love complicated roles and I can be good at playing negative characters. The film is based on a true story. Leonore was a real person. She was wild, she fell for Reeves the moment she saw him and she ran after him. She was the first suspect in his murder."
Tunney, who began her career 15 years ago, won the Best Leading Actress award at the Venice International Film Festival in 1998 for her role in "Niagara, Niagara".
I also found some photos from the same event in 2006: 






Source of the article's scan: martinaluisetti.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!