Robin Tunney's Japanese Press Preview Transcription

I made the transcription of Robin's Press Preview Interview for The Mentalist in Japan last month.


To read it click on Read More.
You can also find it in the Interviews Section.





TRANSCRIPTION OF ROBIN TUNNEY'S PRESS PREVIEW OF THE MENTALIST IN JAPAN- MAY 2012.


[Greets the audience in Japanese.]
That's all I know. 
Thank you so much for watching the show. I love Japan, I'm so happy that the show is popular here, so I can come. And I'm very sorry I couldn't bring Simon Baker with me, for the ladies...
The last time I came they made me climb the side of a building, so this trip has been much easier. And it was December so it was cold as well. 
People treat you very nicely when you come to their living room, once or twice a week.
I have to go to work a lot more than I used to. And everywhere I travel I'm not Robin Tunney, I'm Teresa Lisbon, and they want to know about Red John. I've been sworn to secrecy, I'm sorry... He's definitely not Japanese, which is why I feel so safe here.


[Question is why the show is so popular]
Because Simon Baker is so good looking. And well dressed, beautiful hair, gorgeous smile... But he doesen't smell so good... I'm kidding! You can't smell when you watch tv! 


[about herself]
I've never shot anyone, I don't wear sensible shoes, I'm pretty strong, but I'm not scary... Lisbon's not scary.


[about Simon Baker] 
He's very funny, like most Australians, he's very serious about his work, but he's good to play jokes on. He doesen't get angry, I play jokes on him all the time. Whenever there's a pretty girl, I tell her to go to Simon and ask for his autograph, "because my grandmother loves you". Lots of different jokes, he has a good sense of humor about it.
All of us, we spend so much time together, really it's like a family.
Tim Kang is the best handcuffer and shooter. Owain is the funniest, and Amanda has the best legs, very nice, she doesen't get to show them on the show though. Maybe if The Mentalist goes to Hawaii. 
Who wants to see Patrick Jane in a speedo? Speedo and a vest!
[people raise hands]
I'll let him know!


[question is if she worked with animals on the show]
It's been four years, there were so many... I was much younger when we started I had a better memory...
I worked with a chimpazee, an elephant, a dog, a miniature horse... those are the animals I remember. They have better manners than the actors... 


[about herself]
I sleep a lot. I like to read books, I like to travel, I love my dog... A very handsome dog... He couldn't come to Japan, he wanted to though. He's a mutt.
I went to Italy last year, I went to Costa Rica at Christmas, I've been all over Europe, I went to Africa, Australia, New Zeland, anywhere... And everywhere I go I see Japanese people, Japanese people love to travel!


Thank you and I hope you enjoy the season, I'm proud of it, thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!