Interview: Article/ Interview about Volpi Cup in Venice (1997)

I came across an Italian article dated 1997 that talks about the Volpi Cup Robin received in Venice for "Niagara Niagara" (Best Actress). There's also a short interview to Robin.
Click on Read More to read the article's translation, and you can also find it in the Interviews Section.

Source: Corriere della Sera





A revelation/ Niagara Niagara
September 7, 1997- "Corriere della Sera"


Robin Tunney: "I started out as a frog for kids".


Venice.


"The first one to be shocked about the award was my stomach: when I found out I was the best actress, it started to jolt" says Robin Tunney, best actress in Venice.
An award that left her incredulous, but above all happy. "I would have never dared to hope about it. I have to thank the Lion, I have never found an animal so nice".
Long dark hair, bright green eyes, an open smile, Robin looks young for her age (she is 27 years old), but she has been working in the business since ten years. "I started out when I was a teenager to imitate my older sister, who had joined a school for actors. She was a model for me: I used to wear the same clothes and the same hairstyle... When I was 16 years old I made my debut in theatre. Since that experience I felt something different, a real passion. So I carried on, even if my sister stopped (now she is a singer), and even if in the beginning I didn't have so much offers. I worked on every project I could, even if sometimes I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. But now, this important award was given to me... a big responsibility."
"Would you like to dedicate this award to someone in particular?".
"To my godmother, an amazing woman who died of cancer just one week before I started shooting Niagara Niagara. She was 52, and she was the one who made me feel special. The pain to lose her helped me to understand my character's pain.
Robin's boyfriend is by her side, a love sealed by a beautiful ring on her finger. "We made a wonderful trip in Italy in these days: Florence, Lucca, The Cinque Terre.... Wonderful. Thank you, Venice.


(Giuseppina Manin)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lisbon always wear a cross chain on The Mentalist?

New Interview: Robin Tunney Talks Looking Glass and The Craft

Robin says Thank You!