For the ones who couldn't follow the live chat of The Mentalist writers last night, I made a summary/ recap of the informations they kindly shared with the fans during the chat.
Click on Read More for the summary.
Of course, come informations can be spoilers, so don't read them if you want to stay spoilers free! ;-)
Thank you to The Mentalist Writers Official Twitter for all the informations!
Live chat was done by Bruno Heller, Ashley Gable, Tom Szentgyorgy, Jordan Harper, Erika Green, Director Chris Long, Associate Producer Nina Corrado and Sammy Corrado the writers assistant.
- for more on Lisbon's past watch Ep. 406 when we introduce her brother.
- We have no plans for Hightower return but anythings possible.
- Simon is working tonight. He's currently in prep for the next episode that he will be directing.
- We currently have no plans to see Jane's father.
- New thrills in season four will be about Jane's past. Starting with Ep. 403.
- We have discussed how Jane joined the CBI and there just might be an episode about it in the future.
- The most exciting question of the night will be answered in the season premiere. Did Patrick Jane kill Red John?
- In some future episode we'll learn more about Red Johns techniques i.e what happened to Christina Frye?
- You will see new and different sides of CHO in season 4. You can count on it!
- We'll see if Jane ever finds love again.
- There will be further dramatic complications between Van Pelt and Rigsby's relationship this season.
- It is very possible that Red John is more than one person :-)
- It would certainly explain a lot if Red John is or was a Mentalist.
- there will be a new boss played by Michael Rady. He's fantastic!
- We are currently discussing how exactly the season will end. We're really cooking up some cool ideas.
- Love is in the air. We'll be getting into Cho's love life mid season 4.
- We love Currie Graham aka Mashburn and we hope to have him back.
- Yes, Red John has been visible in prior Episodes. You've got to look for him like Waldo.
- No, Robin did not do her own stunt (when she got shot in S3 finale), her excellent stunt woman Helena did.
- Let's just say Lisbon and Jane have serious issues to work out this season...
- Yes, we will get flashbacks of important people who have previously died on the show.
- Jane has a family, but like you we hope that Jane one day finds happiness. Jane's guilt is an on running theme through out the show.
- The mentalist only shoots in LA and Sacramento, never outside California. CBI operates only in California.